Sign in to follow this  
Kirill

Rotation sampling in roadmap region of rtr-toolkit program

Greetings, 

I would like to generate motion plans with selectable end effector orientations and positions. It seems I need to generate a roadmap that samples both the orientation space and linear position space. 

It is possible to generate a roadmap using the 'rtr-toolkit' program, by selecting a roadmap in the 'Regions:' window it is possible to set the linear position sampling paramaters such as 'Pos (m)' and 'Size (m)'.

However, the rotational sampling input box 'Rot (rad)' is grayed out. Is there a way to enable it? If not then how can motion plans with different orientation goals be generated?

Best Regards

Hi Kirill,

Are you trying to rotate the voxel region?  Everything should be able to be rotated except the voxel region, which is intentional.

Hi Tremblay,

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the roadmap region. When I select the roadmap, I get the options shown in the attached image.

I can modify the linear parameters of the roadmap but the rotational ones are grayed out. Is there a way to generate a roadmap with varying end effector orientations using the toolkit?

roadmap-options.png

To vary end effector orientations in the toolkit, you can add multiple seed poses when creating a roadmap region.  Change the pose of the end effector using the drag handles, then click "Add Current Pose" in the window.  You can add as many poses as you like, just remember that this will add a pose to each pose in the roadmap region.

image.thumb.png.256a66e86ab52243f196d0b4d2a61c29.png